5 ways to use Facebook for marketing in 2020 (beginners guide)
Every business uses Facebook to attract customers. So, in this post, we’re going to help you get in on that!
We’ll explain the fundamentals, how it can help you grow your business and give you five specific methods to get started.
What is Facebook marketing and how does it work?
In a business sense, this relates to a business Facebook page – which is free to set up. Once you’ve created your page, use it to post content, link to your website, and converse with customers, fans and followers at no cost. The ability to instantly connect makes a Facebook Page an incredibly useful tool for any small business working with a limited marketing budget.
Side note: You’ll require a Facebook Business Page before you can begin using paid marketing strategies on Facebook (including Facebook Ads).
No more waiting, here are the five ways to use Facebook for marketing in 2020.
1. Optimise your Facebook Business Page
Fill in all the essential details. We’re talking profile pictures, logos, about section, website links, contact email, opening hours etc. The key? Make it look professional and keep it updated!
Then post videos, pictures and captions that talk about your business and how you can help your audience solve their problems. Remember: people are always thinking ‘what’s in it for me’, so keep that in mind when you’re posting content.
2. Optimise your Facebook Business Page
We mentioned previously about posting content that connects with your audience. Well here are a few examples to get your creative juices flowing:
– Links to articles/videos relating to your business, location or industry.
– Links to new blog posts or seasonal posts that are relevant, e.g. Christmas.
– Announcements on discounts or new arrivals.
– Links to online tools that will help your audience grow.
– Make videos that tell your story and sell your products – but always keep the entertainment value and usefulness value high. Don’t be boring!
3. Post Ads
If you have a Facebook business page (and you should), you can head on over to the Facebook Ads Manager or Business Manager to create your very first Facebook ad campaign. If you don’t yet have a business page, you’ll need to create one first.
How do I set up Facebook Ads?
1. Log into Facebook Ads Manager and select the campaigns tab, then click Create to get started with a new Facebook Ad campaign.
2. If you’re new to Facebook advertising, you’ll see a button that says ‘Set Up Ad Account’. Click that and you’ll be prompted to enter some key details to create your ad account.
To learn the rest, check out this blog from an authority on the matter. Just follow the step-by-step instructions.
4. Run a competition
It’s an oldie but a goodie!
Offer a draw, sweepstakes, contest or competition to drive brand awareness and engagement. The most essential thing to remember here is that the prize needs to grab attention and make your audience drool with intense desire. They’ve got to want to crawl over broken glass to get it. That’s how you get people to enter!
5. Make your audience offers
Whether it’s ads, posts and conversations in messenger, make your audience offers that keep the sales coming through the door.
- Special Holiday Offers
- Add-On’s To Your Big-Ticket Items
For more ideas, search the web high and low. Or look through your own feed for inspiration.
Bonus quick tips: How to boost your Facebook marketing game!
- Start Today! It’s never too late to take advantage of the benefits of Facebook.
- Define your audience. Know who you’re talking to and what they want to see.
- Set goals. Do you want to increase brand awareness, make sales or connect with your customers? Set goals and targets, so you know where to aim.
- Plan your content mix. A good rule of thumb is the 80/20 rule. 80% of your content should help, educate and entertain. 20% should blatantly sell (not too blatantly, be creative).
- Don’t second guess yourself. If you think it’s cool, unique, helpful or funny, then post it.
- Post regularly. Stay at the forefront of your audience’s mind.
Are you ready to take your business to the next level?
Here at Yes Digital, we have a team of experts who help businesses with their Facebook marketing needs. You could say it’s part of the job (because it is!)
Anyway, if you need a little help, why not give us a call on 1300 554 763 and we’ll have a no-obligation chat. We can talk about your business and goals.
Then, we’ll develop a plan to sky-rocket your Facebook marketing – as we do for hundreds of small businesses across Australia.
In the meantime, here is another blog post to help your business grow via social: